Apply to register with the ACNC
1. Can your organisation register?
To be eligible to be registered as a charity with the ACNC, your organisation must be able to show that it is a 'charity'. In other words, it must:
- be not-for-profit
- have only charitable purposes that are for the public benefit
- be complying with ACNC governance standards
- not have any disqualifying purposes (for example, engaging in or promoting activities that are unlawful or contrary to public policy or promote or oppose a political party or candidate for political office, and
- not be an individual, political party or government entity.
To register, it must also have an Australian Business Number (ABN) with the right 'entity type'.
Attention:You need to know! Find out who can apply to be registered.
2. Are you prepared to register?
3. What happens if it is registered?
If your charity is registered, understand that it will:
If may be that registration is not right for your particular organisation – find out more about the benefits of registration and consider whether you wish to apply.