The ACNC will only collect, store, use, disclose and destroy your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
The ACNC’s personal information handling practices:
- Common ways we collect personal information (and why)
- Use and disclosure of personal information
- Storage and data security
- Records management
- Access to personal information
- Correction of personal information
- The right to anonymity and the use of a pseudonym
- Data quality
- How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy
When you view our website or log in to the ACNC Charity Portal, a record of your visit is logged for statistical purposes. This record includes the following information which is provided by your browser:
- the user’s server address
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of visit to the site
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
This information is used for statistical purposes, as well as helping us to maintain our server and to improve our services. This information will not be disclosed to any other government agency, organisation or individual unless we are required by law to do so.
If you subscribe to our email updates, we will need to collect your email address and only use your address for the purpose for which you have provided it.
Your email address will not be disclosed to any other government agency, organisation or individual.
ACNC Charity Portal
Some fields in the portal require you to provide additional personal information than that which is covered by this privacy statement (for example, when updating responsible person details). Additional information in relation to your privacy will be provided on the portal.
The policy contains important information about your privacy, including information about how you can access and seek correction of information we hold about you, how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how the ACNC will deal with any privacy complaint.
If you have any privacy questions, please contact us.