2017 Annual Information Statement – Consultation summary Question 6
Should the ACNC amend the question on beneficiaries so that its format is the same as the question on activities?
What you said
- Yes – it would provide more consistency and transparency of outcomes.
- It would simplify a confusing aspect of the AIS and improve the quality of the data collected.
- It would make the information easier to interpret and compare.
- Asking charities to focus on the main or target beneficiaries rather than allowing them to include all possible beneficiaries who could be covered would be a better way of identifying charity focus. Limiting the choice should assist charities to be more accurate and disciplined in their reporting.
- Activities and beneficiaries are two separate questions.
- Make sure that any guidance uses examples of the type of information the ACNC is looking for.
What we have done
- We will amend the question on beneficiaries so that its format is the same as the question on activities. This will make it easier for charities to complete the AIS and will provide us with more accurate data.
- We will refine our guidance to ensure that charities are provided with sufficient information and examples to answer this question accurately.